Welcome to Dyslexia North East.
Welcome to Dyslexia North East
We are a group of dedicated volunteers who care passionately about the educational opportunities for dyslexics and their aspirations for the future.
Our Vision is to create a Society that celebrates Difference, and to Raise awareness, Understanding and Knowledge about Dyslexia to improve the positive impact it has on people’s lives.
We want to inspire and support dyslexics so that they can be enabled to reach their full potential.
What do we offer?
- Free Informaiton, support and guidance
- Dyslexia Screening and Assessment
- Tuition and Learning Support for adults and children.
- Support Groups for Parents and children, and Parents Talking Circle plus Adult Support Group
- High Flyers Children’s Groups for 7-11 year olds in Meadow Well, North Shields.
- Educational Meetings for Parents and Professionals in term time.
- Conferences and Workshops to improve skills and understanding about Dyslexia and related conditions such as ADHD, Dyspraxia and Autism
- Bespoke Workshops in Schools, Colleges and Businesses
- Indirect Dyslexia learning Programme and Cogmed Memory Course
- Books on loan, with Tips and Information handouts
Who we are
Dyslexia North East was founded in 2005 by a small group of Teachers and Parents to offer support and help for dyslexics across the North East, and to encourage greater opportunities for dyslexic children and adults.
Dyslexia North East is a Registered Charity No: 1129358 and
Company Limited by Guarantee No: 06707963
Registered in England and Wales.
Dyslexia North East is a Local Branch of the national British Dyslexia Association.
Dyslexia North East has a Board of up to 10 Trustees from all walks of life that is responsible for the effective running of the Charity.
Trustees are elected at the AGM in January each year.
Our Patron is Simon Donald, a brilliant Comedian and Cartoonist who is dyslexic, and understands what it is like.